1. Global Trend of modern lighting is not an excessive bright lighting system which requires high energy consumption, but realizing lighting system with excellent visibility using remarkably low power consumption easily applicable to solar cell energy including other renewable energy.
2. According to global eco-friendly policy, as an alternative, Korean government brought ‘the protection law against light pollution caused by artificial lighting’ into effect from 2013.03.23
1. Recently, Environmental Problem has severely emerged as a major social interest according to an excessive bright lighting system.
2. According to globally increasing outdoor lighting including landscape lighting, the research reported that the excessive overusing night lighting can severely be harmful not only an astronomical observation but also animals and plants and the man’s health. It is defined as light pollution and there is a trend of increasing legislations to regulate and administrate by law in advanced foreign countries.
3. According to this trend, in Korea also recognized the needs of regulation and administration of law over light pollution and implemented legislation. [Light Pollution Protection Law caused by artificial lighting]『Law No. 11261, Proclamation Day 2013.03.23, Implementation Day 2013.03.23』
4. The purpose of this law is to protect people’s health and minimize power consumption by limiting excessive brightness of lighting.
1. [decorative illumination = illuminating device or attached device which emitting to an appearance or installing in an appearance for the purpose of decoration of building, facility, sculpture, natural environment] indicated in 『enforcement ordinance article 2, section 3』, regulate 『the brightness less than 1 class: 20 cd/m²~3 class: 180 cd/m²』
2. We propose fiber-optic lighting which satisfy this legislation, even though within the enforced brightness limited rule, using eco-friendly energy like solar cell and etc., and even under the worst weather condition, it expresses delicate, beautiful lighting with excellent visibility.
Reason for Legislation
 Protection Law against Light Pollution by Artificial Lighting Law No. 11261, Enforcement Date 2013.02.02.
 Law for Enforcement Ordinance A Presidential Decree No. 24451, Enforcement Date 2013.03.23.
 Law Enforcement Rule Decree of Ministry of Environment No. 498, Enforcement Date 2013.02.02.
This is to fix necessary matters for its enactment and devolved matters by this law, according to the enactment proclamation(2013.2.2.) of protection law against light pollution by artificial lighting in order to prevent people’s health, ecosystem from damage happening by excessive light(light which disturb sleep, cause glare, damage ecosystem, emitted by artificial lighting, and manage well artificial lighting as eco-friendly)
According to the purpose of installing lighting device which becomes subject of application of law, the protection law against light pollution by artificial lighting, Law for Enforcement Ordinance is regulated as follows:
Article 2 Paragraph 1[space lighting] = lighting device and attached device which shining a space)[Regulation : class 1~3 = intensity of illumination, less than 10lx / class 4 = intensity of illumination, less than 25lx]
Article 2 Paragraph 2[advertisement lighting] = management law for outdoor advertisement article 3) [Regulation ; class 1 = brightness less than 50 cd/m² / class 2 = brightness less than 400 cd/m² / class 3 = brightness less than 800cd/m² / class 4 = brightness less than 1000 cd/m²]
Article 2 Paragraph 3[decoration lighting] = lighting for the decoration of building, facility, sculpture or natural environment[Regulation : class 1 = brightness less than 20 cd/m² / class 2 = brightness less than 60 cd/m² / class 3 = brightness less than 180cd/m² / class 4 = brightness less than 300 cd/m²]
[The Protection Law against Light Pollution by Artificial lighting] Article 9, Managing Environment for lighting Area
Area class 1 : Area where influence to nature environment
Area class 2 : Area where influence to agriculture, forestry and marine products administration and the growth of animal and plants
Area class 3 : Area where is necessary artificial lighting for the people’s safety and convenience
Area class 3 : Area where is necessary artificial lighting to the certain level for the commercial activity